Support the Next Generation
The Young Leader and Mentorship Committee is accountable for mentorship and University Relations initiatives as well as the attraction, retention, and professional development of current and prospective Young Leaders.
- Align Chapter initiatives with those of CoreNet. Leverage material created by CoreNet Global for the benefit of the Chapter.
- Serve as ambassadors to college students interested in corporate real estate, and Young Leaders in the corporate real estate profession, with a goal of increasing awareness of the Chapter, CoreNet, and the profession.
- Serve as ambassadors to academic institutions to raise awareness of educational material available to them, the value of our organization, and the trends in our profession.
- Create and implement a strategy to develop mentorship opportunities for Young Leaders within the Chapter.
- Develop, market, lead, and host at least one educational or networking event per quarter, specifically targeting or involving Academic, Student, or Young Leaders, with the objective of providing a unique forum for peer to peer and mentor-based learning, growing, and networking.
- Maintain connections with Young Leaders. Encourage their active involvement in CoreNet and Chapter. Lead coordination with Chapter Ambassadors to increase Young Leader engagement and involvement in Chapter committees. Communicate the value of membership as they transition out of Young Leader status.
- Assist in identifying “rising talent” for professional award nominations and for committee placement and engagement.
- Obtain sponsorship funding of all events. Assist Chapter Administrator with sponsorship collections.